I. Listening Test (20%)
I) Listen and choose the correct response to the sentence you hear. Each sentence will
be read only once. (5%)
1. A. Don't mention it. B. Thank you.
C. He's really great. D. Yes, I do.
2. A. No problem. B. That's a good idea.
C. Never mind. D. Sorry to hear that.
3. A. By train. B. What about you?
C. I'm fine. D. I had a wonderful time.
4. A. Yes, please. B. Here you are.
C. It's my pleasure. D. The same to you.
5. A. Is that so? B. OK, I will.
C. Yes, I think so. D. Come this way.
6. A. Yes, who are you? B. Yes, who speaks?
C. Yes, who's that? D. Yes, I am.
7. A. About once a month. B. About two hours.
C. It's a wonderful film. D. Yes, often.
8. A. It's kind of you to say that. B. Of course.
C. Thank you. D. The same to you.
9. A. Thanks a lot. B. It's very kind of you.
C. I'm glad to hear that. D. The same to you.
10. A. It's a woman. B. She's Mrs. Brown.
C. It's Mr. Brown. D. She's a teacher.
II) Listen and choose the sentence which is closest in meaning. Each sentence will be
read twice. ( 5% )
11. A. Tom, hasn't seen the film, but Jack has seen it.
B. Jack hasn't seen the film, but Tom has seen it.
C. Neither Tom nor Jack has seen the film.
12. A. There is nothing in the box.
B. There are a few books in the box.
C. There is a box in the house.
13. A. The girl isn't ill and she can go to school.
B. The girl will go to work in a week.
C. The girl is too weak to go to school.
14. A. Jim could eat up all the fruits.
B. Jim could eat only some of the fruits.
c. Jim didn't like the fruits at all.
15. A. It took him thirty minutes to buy this pair of shoes.
B. He paid thirty yuan for the trousers.
C. This pair of shoes cost him thirty yuan.
16. A. Mary isn't angry at all.
B. Mary is full.
C. Mary is hungry
17. A. It's about two o'clock.
B. It's about three o'clock.
C. It's about nine o'clock.
18. A. I learned English by myself.
B. I talked about my English.
C. I taught English.
19. A. I want to buy a new car.
B. I have enough money to buy a new car.
C. I haven't enough money to buy a new car.
20. A. Mr. Smith never goes to work by ear.
B. Mr. Smith went to work by car this morning.
C. Mr. Smith often drives to work.